Today I will be sharing with you some tips that personally have been helping me throughout the years when it comes to beauty, hair and (skin)care!
1. This is an easy one but still 'forgotten' by most people. NEVER sleep with your makeup on and ALWAYS clean your face, in the morning and at night. With always, I do mean always. Even if you didn’t put makeup on that day, the pollution finds a way to clog up your pores. If you didn’t go out that day, I would still recommend cleaning your skin, because my cotton pad always seems to find some dirt on my skin. To clean my face, I use Bioderma’s cleansing water with a cotton pad. It’s the best cleansing water I have ever come across, I don’t even need a face wash or anything else to clean my face!
Where I found the picture: http://www.lovestohave.com/beauty/1897
2. A quick tip to get the most out of your makeup products is to use your pencil eye-liner as an eye-shadow. I mainly use this trick in the summer, because I don’t want to slather on a ton of eye-makeup . I put a line on the crease to create some definition. Then you blend that harsh line and then you have a natural look with minimal product. To get the most out of that pencil liner you could obviously also line your eyes with it, but that is a given : ) . For that look I use the cheapest pencil liner I have and that is the long lasting eye pencil from essence in the colour ‘hot chocolate’. A pretty good bargain for only 1, 49 euro ( = 2 dollars; 1.18 pounds).
Where I found the picture: http://www.kruidvat.nl/essence-02-hot-chocolatelong-lasting-oogpotlood/p/1239183
3. You want to put some effort into your eyebrows, but you’re too lazy ( or you just don’t feel like it’s that necessary). And you can’t afford buying all of these pretty pricey products, then I have the tip for you. This will at least keep your wild eyebrow-hairs in place. Take an old toothbrush and put some hairspray on it. Then comb it through your brows and voilà: Your brows are set. Would you prefer filling in some bold spots? Use one of those cheap essence pencils and go over those spots.
Where I found the picture: http://www.kyrenefamilydentistry.com/blog/choosing-manual-electric-toothbrush-part-1/
4. This tip I found out not too long ago. It’s to wet your sponges before putting your foundation/cream blush/… on to it. This will help prevent your sponges from getting ruined and will make sure the sponge doesn’t absorb all of your foundation. It will also make the application a lot smoother because you can get the maximum out of your product, since the sponge didn’t absorb it all. This will also prevent you from having to buy more foundation over and over again…
Where I found the picture: http://kimiyajoon.com/2013/04/10/beauty-blender-vs-sonia-kashuk-blender/
5. The next tip is rather personal preference. I don’t like to put on mascara on my bottom lashes. Since my bottom lashes are pretty long, the mascara gets everywhere and it’s always a hard job getting my under eye-area clean. Another reason why this is in general a good tip is because (black) mascara on bottom lashes draws the attention to your undereye-bags, which is most likely not where you want the attention going.
Where I found the picture: http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/science-sushi/2013/01/09/brown-eyes-deemed-more-trustworthy-but-thats-not-the-whole-story/
Those were my 7 best beauty tips! I hope you found something new that you can try out! Comment your best beauty trick :)